I usually cook on the fly. I don’t always have a plan in mind, and I am throwing tons of ingredients into a pan and hoping for the best. Luckily for me, it usually tastes wonderful and my husband isn’t picky- which helps! As a mom to a toddler while working full time FROM HOME during a PANDEMIC, it can be hard putting a hot meal on the table. This will take you under 30 minutes, and you can double up on the ingredients to have extra extra for lunch the next day. I hope you enjoy, and stay sane folks!
Also..for all you non vegetarians who have to have your meat, you can 100% add ground beef or ground chicken/turkey to this recipe it will just take an extra step. I would cook that in a separate pan first and add to final mixture when ready.
- 1 can organic garbanzo beans
- 3 cups frozen organic broccoli
- 2-3 cups frozen mushrooms
- 3 cups frozen organic spinach or raw spinach
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Free Range Eggs (1 per person)
- 1 bag frozen microwaveable brown organic rice (makes 2-3 cups cooked)
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 white or vidalia onion diced
- 2-3 tbs of Rice Vinegar
- salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and paprika (all to taste!)
**Quick Tips: Use frozen organic veggies for faster cooking, also helps to save a few bucks. Use as much as you want, and save the rest for later. This will last longer in the freezer instead of raw going bad in a few short days.**
**Quick Tip 2: Chop and dice onion ahead of time and place in freezer safe bag. This will save you time on chopping and prepping for your next onion inspired meal.**
**Quick Tip 3: To save time I like to use the microwaveable organic rice from Whole Foods. If you have the time to cook rice for 30-45 minutes you can do that too, but I suggest making extra to have for the next day. It is always great having those easy to microwave organic options to save time when you are in a rush.**
- On a medium size baking sheet lay out washed and dried garbanzo beans and lightly toss with some olive oil. Salt and pepper and place in 375 degree oven for 15 minutes or until slightly crisped.
- While beans are toasting, heat up garlic and onion in large stovetop skillet/pan. Be sure to not burn the garlic! After 3 minutes or so, remove the onion garlic mix and place in small dish to the side.
- Add frozen broccoli, mushroom and spinach with 1-2 tbs of olive oil to pan. Keep heat on medium-high and mix as veggies begin to thaw.
- After 3-5 minutes the frozen ingredients should start mixing together. Add back the garlic and onion and toss together along with brown rice. Pour rice vinegar over entire mix and stir together.
- Season with 1/2 tsp. of seasonings listed above. Season to taste. If you like things spicer add in more cayenne and pepper flakes.
- In small stove top pan crack an egg for each person and cook over easy or sunny side up- your preference.
- Lastly, add the roasted chickpeas and crushed peanuts to the mix. Scoop into a bowl, and lay egg on top. Add chili paste or sriracha for an added kick. The egg should be slightly running so the egg can mix into all the goodness!
**Optional: Shredded fresh Parmesan Reggiano for some extra bite to your meal.**