I have probably made 15 different variations of chili, but whenever it comes out especially tasty I have to share the recipe.
- 1 small can of diced tomatoes
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb. Organic Ground Turkey
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 2 cups frozen mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes diced
- 2 tbs Cholula Hot sauce
- 1/2 lime (squeezed)
- 1/2 jalapeno sliced
- Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cayenne Pepper,Chili powder, Cumin (1 tsp each or more to taste)
*I use all organic ingredients. I find frozen organic veggies are less expensive so I use those for my chili recipes.
Cook your Ground Turkey and season with Salt + Pepper on the stove top.
In your slow cooker add in all the above ingredients. Add turkey once it is cooked through.
Set slow cooker to low (8 hours) or high (4 hours). Make sure to stir every 30 minutes if you can. If you like your chili spicier add in more Cayenne Pepper and an entire jalapeno instead of half.
This will make you dinner and lunches for the next few days. Nothing better than a warm bowl of chili during these New England Winters.