Save money and save time with a build your own Chipotle bar AT HOME.
Make your meals in minutes and get the flavors and feels of a Chipotle store.
Below is your list of items to PREP. Good to keep in fridge for 3-4 days.
- Beans (black beans or pinto beans) 1 can of each or 2 total cans.
- Peppers & Onions (3 bell peppers + 1 medium sweet onion)
- Shredded Lettuce ( 3 stalks )
- Roasted Chicken ( this is up to you for portion sizes. Breast or thighs work)
- Avocado (I would keep these on hand, and not make ahead of time to avoid browning)
- Shredded Cheese (mozzarella or cheddar work great!)
- Brown Rice
- Sour Cream
- Hot Sauce
- Rinse and drain beans and place into your glass containers. I use organic beans and eat them cold. You could heat up when you want to eat if you prefer hot.
- Slice your peppers into strips along with sliced onion. Cook all in large pan with 1-2 tbs of olive oil with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until onion is translucent. Set to the side to cool before storing in glass container.
- Slice lettuce and place in large zip lock bag for easy access. (or a stasher bag!)
- Chicken – you can slow cook an entire chicken and pull apart or bake chicken breast. Shred if you like or chop up! You can use seasonings: salt, pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, onion and garlic powder.
- Brown rice can be cooked ahead of time and placed in glass container. If you want to chop up cilantro and mix in for “cilantro rice” style like Chipotle does GO FOR IT!
- Keep sour cream, cheese, salsa and hot sauce for add on’s when ready to eat.