Sometimes you have to throw together ingredients based on what is in the fridge. Here is a FAST and easy recipe for dinner on a late weekday night.
- 2 cups Pre-cooked Organic Jasmine Rice (Whole Foods has this in the freezer aisle.)
- 6 oz. Chicken Breast ( I happened to have a leftover rotisserie chicken, but if you can cook some, great!)
- 1/2 Vidalia Onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups frozen greens (I used collard because it is what I had in the freezer- Spinach works too.)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Eggs
- Soy Sauce
- 1 Lime
- Red pepper flakes. Salt & Pepper
- Cashews or Peanuts *optional
The whole idea of this recipe is to use ingredients that are easy to cook. I make sure to always have some organic frozen veggies in my freezer for lazy days like this as well as pre-cooked organic rices. This is also a great recipe to make when you have leftover chicken and are not sure what to do with it.
- Heat up a wok or large skillet with coconut oil, diced onion and crushed garlic.
- Add in rice and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Dice up chicken and add to mixture along with your spinach or collards.
- Scramble two eggs in a bowl and add to pan/wok. Fold in eggs until evenly distributed.
- Squeeze 1/2 lime into mixture along with 2-3 tbs of Soy Sauce + salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with sliced lime and chopped nuts.