It is snowy and cold outside, but spicy and warm inside this bowl of chili.
Slow cooked chili during a snow storm is just what the doctor ordered. No meat needed and plenty of spice to go around!
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup carrots
- 4-5 stalks celery
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- salt, pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper, curry powder, chili powder, red pepper flakes, onion powder ( 1-2 tbs. or more to your liking)
- In large pot or slow cooker on low add olive oil and diced garlic cloves.
- Dice sweet potato and add to cooker.
- Roughly chop the carrots, mushrooms, celery, and pepper and add to cooker.
- Add in coconut oil, diced tomatoes, corn, spinach and beans. Stir to combine and add in seasonings.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours mixing occasionally.
*I like to eat with a side of plantain chips and freshly squeezed lime.