No need to order vegetable fried rice from your local Chinese restaurant, you can make your own healthy AND yummy version at home.
You will need a cast iron pan ( or regular fry pan if that is all you have) a sharp cutting knife, and all the ingredients below..
- 1 cauliflower riced
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 bunch of kale
- 3 large carrots
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 3 stalks celery
- 2-3 tbs. Tamari
- 1 Tbs. Coconut Oil
- Salt/Pepper/Garlic Powder/Red Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Parsley for Garnish & TaStE
- Rice your cauliflower. To save time, I suggest buying the frozen bags of organic riced cauliflower and defrost for 20 minutes or so before starting to cook.
- Slice sweet potato into thin slices.
- Heat up 1 tbs of coconut oil in pan and add sweet potato slices. (cook 3-4 minutes each side or until each side is browned and crispy!)
- While sweet potatoes are browning begin dicing the onion, celery,mushrooms, carrots and bell peppers.
- Once sweet potato is browned on each side, take them out of pan and set to the side.
- Place cauli rice into pan and cook on med-high for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chopped veggies to the heated pan, stir in the tamari and minced ginger.
- While vegetables are cooking, begin ripping kale into small pieces.
- Mix pieces of Kale into mixture and turn heat to low. Season mixture with seasonings and add in the cup of bean sprouts.
- Add crispy sweet potatoes to the top.
- Turn off heat and serve! Sprinkle top with fresh parsley.