Tonight I made AMAZING vegan black bean burgers. I was feeling creative and needed to do something with my overnight soaked black beans. I even had my meat loving husband asking for seconds.
You can enjoy this meal even if you are not a Vegan. Be a little adventurous and try out this easy peezy recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups black beans
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium sweet potato
- salt/pepper/dried parsley
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pre-heat oven t0 350 degrees. Dice sweet potato up and toss with 1 tbs olive oil. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Pulse black beans in food processor or blender 3 or 4 times. Do not over blend! Place in large mixing bowl.
- In small pan heat up sunflower seeds for 3-4 minutes until they begin to brown.
- Remove seeds and place in large mixing bowl. Place 1/2 diced red onion and 2 crushed garlic cloves in a fry pan with 1 tbs olive oil. Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add almond meal, seasonings, 1/2 diced jalapeno, 1/2 juiced lemon to the bowl. Mix all together.
- Pulse cooked sweet potatoes 3-4 times and add to mixing bowl.
- Form mixture into 8 patties. Place on baking pan and spray tops of burgers with olive oil or coconut oil spray.
- Place burgers in 350 degree oven for 12 minutes. Flip and spray other side and cook for another 10-12 minutes.