You can eat the rainbow and avoid the skittles! (get it?)
Try my Kale and Pumpkin Seed Rainbow Salad on for size and skip the candy. I promise you will feel fantastic after a bowl of this!
- 1 bunch of Lacinato Kale
- 1 cup sliced purple cabbage
- 1/4 sweet onion
- 3 long colored carrots ( I like purple, yellow, and orange)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbs Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 avocado
- Pinch of salt
- red pepper flakes
In a food processor or blender jar blend the following-
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs pumpkin seeds
- pinch salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tbs water
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- Chop your washed kale into small strips. Throw into a bowl and sprinkle a pinch of sea salt. Massage the kale with your hands for about 30 seconds or until the kale begins looking wilted. Season with 1 tbs of red pepper flakes.
- Chop tomatoes in 1/2, slice onion into thin slices, roughly chop 1/2 avocado,slice strips of the red cabbage, use peeler to peel the carrots into strips. Add all ingredients to bowl of kale.
- Sprinkle 1 tbs of pumpkin seeds into mixture.
- In a separate dish mix together (or use processor or blender) and mix dressing ingredients. Pour over the salad mixture. Toss salad together with tongs and serve!