Raw Food Reset: Day 3

Today was the final day of the Raw Food Reset Challenge.

I wanted to do this challenge to help me heal from in the inside out. I am still nursing my leg injury, but I believe that by incorporating so many vegetables and fruits into my diet for the last three days I have helped my body get on the right track to healing itself.

img_2999

Do I think the raw vegan diet is something I want to continue?

I think this is a great way for me to eat 75% of the day, but the other 25% will consist of cooked foods and a small amount of fish and sometimes animal protein. EveryBODY is different so what works for one person will not work for someone else.

Side Effects?

It has only been three days so I can only tell you how I felt from that short amount of time. I did have a slight headache each day I did this. I believe that I needed to be eating more food! I never felt hungry when I went to bed at night, and I think if I prepared more salads and fruits throughout the day the headaches may have subsided.

Macro-nutrientsimg_2985

I have certain macros (protein,carbs, and fat) I try to hit each day. During these three days I was continually over on my fat grams and carbohydrates, but mostly fat. This is understandable as fat was in every meal I made ( avocado, nuts and seeds). I was pretty low on my protein each day, but I think that with a little more research and prep work I can find more sources of higher protein and lower fat options.

Final Thoughts on Raw Vegan:

Eating a raw vegan diet helped me to appreciate healthy, whole, clean real ingredients. I think everyone should have at least 1 meal a day that is completely raw. While this is not for me 100% of the time, I can definitely see myself incorporating more raw meals into my diet in the future.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s