Cauliflower can sometimes taste bland and my husband says the florets look like cat brains. Despite these obstacles I have created a recipe that will make you forget you are eating cauliflower, never mind the idea of cat brain!
These Cauliflower Cakes have a spicy kick to them and are a great side dish or afternoon snack. They taste great alone or with a side of hummus or sliced avocado on top. Try out this super simple recipe and let me know what you think!
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- salt, pepper, chili powder, red pepper flakes, garlic powder
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal
- 2 tbs chopped cilantro
- Chop up 1 head of cauliflower and pulse in blender til riced. (Don’t over blend or it will be mushy!) You can also buy the frozen organic riced cauliflower from local grocery store. (Whole foods has them.)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook riced cauliflower on low for 6-8 minutes on stove top.
- Add chopped onion, 1 egg, almond meal seasonings,olive oil and cilantro to mixing bowl.
- Strain cauliflower to remove excess water, then add to the mixing bowl. Combine all ingredients together.
- Form mixture into 8 patties.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil or coconut oil spray. Place patties on sheet and spray the top of patties with spray also.
- Cook patties for 20 minutes, flip and cook on other side for another 20 minutes.